10.16.2011

Non-Traditional Pumpkin Carving

Yesterday, we spent the day at a lovely place called Thommasson Farms in Enumclaw, WA. After jumping in the corn pit, petting goats, donkeys, and pigs, and going for a tractor ride, we picked out a few pumpkins to take home. We got one medium sized pumpkin for carving and a small Eva-sized pumpkin for table.

I trolled Pinterest for some pumpkin carving inspiration goodness and loved what I found here and here. I think the family initial pumpkins are a great choice rather than the traditional jack-0-lantern variety (that I've never actually cared much for). I commissioned my guy help me. We couldn't quite figure out how to get the elegant cursive from my inspiration, so we went with the 7th-grade-esque bubble letters instead.

We had a cute little helper to dig the goo out.
Then we traced the letters and cut 'em out.
And dropped this baby on the front porch with a candle. Not very spooky, but I like the custom touch for our family.
-Meghan

No comments:

Post a Comment